It’s safe to say that almost every woman has at some point in her life indulged in the classic “Girl’s Night Out”. So named for the infamous powers of female bonding, GNO is the perfect way to relieve stress and catch up with some friends. As you get ready for your next outing, keep these tips in mind:
1. Dress for the occasion. Always check with your girls before heading out. It’s easy to get completely dolled up, only to realize everyone else is ready to hit the movies.
2. Be comfortable. Comfortable doesn’t mean boring, though. It’s been noted that the most important accessory a girl can rock is confidence. It’s hard to look confident when you don’t feel relaxed, so pick an outfit that fits well and is tailored to your style. Don’t prescribe to any guidelines that tell you what you need to wear to feel sexy.
3. Try something new. Did you recently pin a bohemian side-braid on Pinterest but are scared to try it out? Or maybe you’ve been wondering where to wear your new 4-inch printed heels. Now is the time to do what you’ve been secretly longing to do!
4. Use accessories. Sometimes accessories get lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Take the time to carefully mix and match your jewelry, scarves, headwear, etc. You probably don’t do this enough with the morning rush, but there’s nothing more fun that finding the perfect statement necklace.
5. Highlight your favorite feature. Love your eyes? Try out a smokey shadow or cat-eye lined look. Have big, full lips? Paint them a daring red. Avoid over-using makeup on your whole face by choosing which feature to accentuate. The effect will be stunning yet far more natural than if you applied your whole makeup bag.
6. Experiment with color. Don’t worry about clashing with your friends—that’s part of the fun. Instead, try out a colorful eyeshadow, bright shoes, or a clutch that would make Crayola jealous. You’ll stand out from everyone else and can show off a fun piece.
7. Watch your timing. Don’t rush or you’ll feel disheveled for the rest of the evening. Decide ahead of time what fabulous looks you’ll be creating, and appropriately plan for when you’ll start primping. It’s no fun to show up underdressed.
8. Borrow from your friends. There’s something wonderful about the feeling of wearing a new outfit. This same feeling is achievable if you coordinate with your friends to essentially create a “new” look, for free! Ask for a loan on that handbag you’ve always coveted, and in exchange give her your favorite ballet flats. You’ll all have fun slipping in and out of each other’s stuff and can laugh at how different your styles are.
9. Remember that the night is about you. As you pick out your outfit, try to remember who you’re impressing. The answer should be you! When you dress according to your own style and try out something funky without fear of what a guy might think, you automatically look more attractive and enjoy your outfit more!
10. Smile! It might be the simplest thing on this list, but it’s by far the most important. Nobody will see your great outfit or perfectly coiffed hair if you’re frowning. GNO is the time to relish in your amazing girlfriends, so smile, laugh, and have fun!